Crispy Salmon Bento Bowl
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Delicious, crispy and tender salmon is served on a bed of our NEW Limited Edition Japanese Teriyaki rice. The rainbow pickle makes this dish even tastier – and it looks great and colourful too!
Tildalicious tip: fry the salmon skin side down until mega crispy for a delicious, moreish texture.
2 pouches Tilda Teriyaki Rice
4 salmon fillets
1 stick lemongrass
Pinch of sugar
5 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
3 inch knob of ginger
1/4 red cabbage
5 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 spring onions
For the cucumber and radish pickle:
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
Pinch of sugar
- Bash the lemongrass firmly with a knife handle or wooden spoon then finely chop it. Slice the cucumber and radish and put in a bowl. Finely slice the carrot, red cabbage and spring onions and place in a separate bowl.
- Mix rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and two tbsp of oil in a bowl before dividing the mixture into two separate bowls. In the first bowl add teriyaki sauce.
- In the second bowl add grated ginger and garlic. Marinate your salmon in this mixture and add a generous pinch of salt and pepper, then leave to sit.
- Heat up the mixture in your second bowl (in which you added the teriyaki sauce) in a non-stick saucepan until it has thickened slightly and has become sticky.
- In a small bowl, mix the sliced cucumber and radishes with 1 tsp of rice wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and sugar. Mix then set aside to pickle.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan on a medium to high heat. Add 2 salmon fillets skin side down and fry until each side is coloured and the skin is crispy. Then set aside while you repeat with the other two.
- In the same pan, add Limited Edition Japanese Teriyaki rice and lemongrass. Fry until hot and slightly crispy. This should take a few minutes.
- To assemble your bento bowl, add the rice at the bottom then place salmon on top with the pickles and sliced rainbow vegetables. Before serving add a drizzle of the sticky dressing.