Chicken Katsu Curry With Sushi Rice
Chicken Katsu Curry is a restaurant favourite and it’s so easy to make at home. With a combination for crispy chicken, a rich sauce and a slightly sticky seasoned sushi rice, it will take your tastebuds on a journey!
For the rice
120g Tilda Sushi Rice
Sachet of Tilda Sushi Rice seasoning (included in Tilda Sushi Rice pack)
For the curry
3-4 tbsp sunflower oil
100g onion, dices
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp flour
½ tbsp curry powder
½ tbsp turmeric
½ tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
250 ml chicken stock
For the chicken
2 Skinless chicken breasts
4 tbsp Flour
50g panko breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying
- Add rice and water to a pan and cook according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile add oil to another pan over a medium heat. Cook until onions have softened (for around 5-7 mins)
- Next add the garlic and flour and stir for 1 min.
- Then add the curry powder, turmeric, brown sugar, soy sauce and chicken stock.
- Stir for a few mins until well combined and then lower the heat. Cook for another 10 mins.
- Once cooked, use a handheld blender to blend the curry until smooth and creamy.
- While the curry is cooking, coat the chicken breast in flour, then egg, then panko breadcrumbs. Shallow fry on medium to high heat until cooked through and golden (for around 4-5mins).
- Slice chicken, pour over curry and serve with rice.