Thai Smoked Chicken Broth with Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- Serves 4
With bok choi, ginger and lemon grass.
250g chicken wings
200g carrot, celery, shallots, coriander stalks, garlic, peeled and chopped for stock
150g Tilda Fragrant Jasmine, pre-cooked as instructions on packet
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
15g ginger, cut into julienne
6 kaffir lime leaves
2 lemongrass, crushed
350ml coconut milk
1 tbsp fish sauce
100g green beans
1 carrot, cut into julienne
25g coriander, chopped
1 bok choi, shredded
6 spring onions, thinly sliced
2 red chillies, deseeded and thinly chopped
Sesame and rapeseed oil (1 part sesame to 3 parts rapeseed), for serving
- Remove the breasts from the smoked chickens and reserve for the final dish. Meanwhile, chop the carcasses and place in a saucepan with the chicken wings and peeled and chopped vegetables, cover with water, bring to the boil and then simmer for 60 minutes. You should be left with about 500ml of clear chicken stock.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a pan. Once hot, add the Thai green curry paste, cook gently for 1 minute, then add the chopped ginger, lime leaves, lemongrass and galangal.
- Gently pour in the coconut milk, chicken stock and fish sauce. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat, simmer for a minute.
- Add the green beans and carrots to the soup and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the smoked chicken, coriander, bok choi and spring onions to the soup, finish with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Add the cooked Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice to soup bowls.
- Carefully pour the soup over the rice. Sprinkle the chopped chilli on top and drizzle with sesame/rapeseed oil.