Thai Chicken Curry with Delicate Fragrant Jasmine Rice
A rich, authentic chicken curry infused with ginger and lemongrass, served with naturally fragrant jasmine rice.
- 400g Tilda Original Pure Basmati Rice
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, peeled roughly chopped
- 15cm piece ginger, peeled roughly chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, trimmed
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large handfuls fresh coriander leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 boneless chicken thighs cut into strips
- 2 tbsp ground nut oil or oil of your choice
- 200g mixed oriental mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 400ml chicken stock (approx)
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 200g mangetout
- 150g pack choi, roughly chopped
- Make the curry paste by placing the garlic, shallots, ginger, lemongrass, chilies, cumin, half of the coriander into a food processor and blitzing until finely chopped.
- Add the lime juice and blitz again.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on a medium heat until turning golden, transfer to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes until golden - transfer to the plate with the chicken.
- Reduce the heat and add the paste to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring, pour in the coconut milk, stock and add the lime leaves. Turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- At the same time, bring a large pot of water to the boil with a little salt. Add the Tilda Basmati rice to the pan and cook until for around 10 to 12 minutes. Drain in a large colander.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, adding the mangetout and pak choi for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Sprinkle on the remaining coriander leaves, then serve with the cooked rice and lime wedges.