Tandoori Chicken with Mushroom Pilau
Spicy bites of marinated chicken served with a delicate Mushroom Pilau.
- 120g Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 large heaped tbsp curry paste (we recommend a Mild Curry or Tandoori Paste)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mild curry powder or garam masla
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 thumb ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- Large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Small handful toasted flaked almonds
- Large dollop of natural yoghurt (optional)
- Mix the yoghurt and curry paste together and stir through the chicken. Leave to marinade for a few minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions, garlic, ginger and curry powder. Fry gently for 3- 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 -3 minutes.
- Cook the Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice as per the instructions on the pack, then add to the mix. Stir, reduce the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle pan until hot. Place the chicken pieces in the pan and cook on each side adding sear marks from the hot pan.
- When the chicken is cooked stir into the Mushroom Pilau. Stir in the coriander.
- Served topped with the toasted almonds and a dollop of natural yoghurt if using.