Sweet Coconut and Stem Ginger Tilda Jasmine Rice with Mango Puree
- 30 minutes
- Serves 4
Sweet Coconut and Stem Ginger Jasmine Rice with Mango Puree, Lime, Mango & Mint Salsa and Crispy Rice Rolled in Cinnamon Sugar.
Created by Tilda Chef Team of the Year 2021 winners Wayne Corbett and Nicola Harper from Compass Group UK & Ireland.
For the Stem Ginger and Coconut Jasmine Rice
- 150g Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 3 bulbs stem ginger
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
For the Mango and Mint Salsa
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 ripe mango
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 20ml water
For the Crispy Rice Pieces
- 4 tbsp cooked Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
For the Mango Puree
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 fresh mango
- Stem Ginger and Coconut Jasmine Rice: Warm the coconut milk with the palm sugar, vanilla pod, and stem ginger to infuse. Add the Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice and heat gently until cooked through and sticky then set aside.
- Mango and Mint Salsa: Zest and juice the lime into a pan. Add water and palm sugar and reduce to a syrup. Add 2 mint leaves to infuse. Dice up fresh mango and add cooled syrup to it. Finely slice up a couple of fresh mint leaves and mix through the mango salsa.
- Crispy Rice Pieces: Heat coconut oil in a hot pan. Add 2 tbsp of the cooked Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice mixture. Crisp the mixture up on both sides. Remove from oil and pat dry. Then roll it in the cinnamon sugar.
- Mango Puree: Roughly dice up mango. Add to coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Drain and blitz into a puree then set aside.
- Assembly: Quenelle the sticky jasmine rice and place at the right side of the bowl. Carefully spoon in the mango puree. Top the quenelle with the mango salsa and crispy rice pieces. Garnish with edible flowers and baby coriander.