Stuffed Peppers with Walnuts and Cheese
- Serves 12
450g Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
12 green peppers
2 tbsp olive oil
2 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 litre vegetable stock
4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
200g gruyere cheese
150g walnuts, chopped
4 tbsp fresh parsley
4 tbsp fresh oregano
12 x 30g slices mozzarella cheese
6 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to season
Ratouille, to serve
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the rice and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Slice the lids from the peppers and deseed them. Parboil for 5 minutes, drain and reserve.
- Chop the trimmings from the pepper lid and add to the rice with the stock. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, walnuts, gruyere, herbs and seasoning to taste.
- Arrange the peppers in a buttered oven proof dish and fill with the rice mixture.
- Top with a slice of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through and the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve on a bed of ratatouille.