Stuffed Peppers with Walnuts and Cheese
- 450g Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
- 12 green peppers
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 200g gruyere cheese
- 150g walnuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp fresh oregano
- 12 x 30g slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Ratouille, to serve
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the rice and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Slice the lids from the peppers and deseed them. Parboil for 5 minutes, drain and reserve.
- Chop the trimmings from the pepper lid and add to the rice with the stock. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, walnuts, gruyere, herbs and seasoning to taste.
- Arrange the peppers in a buttered oven proof dish and fill with the rice mixture.
- Top with a slice of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through and the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve on a bed of ratatouille.