Spicy Chicken & Vegetable Kebabs
- Serves 20
Brush the kebabs with any remaining marinade as they are cooking to add more flavour.
If grilling, make sure the skewers are full to avoid burning. Or preferably, pre-soak the skewers in water overnight.
1kg Tilda Brown & White Rice
6 garlic cloves
Knob of fresh peeled ginger
1-2 oranges, grated zest and juice
6 spring onions, roughly chopped
5 tbsp clear honey
3 tbsp light soy sauce
4 tbsp vegetable oil
8-10 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into cubes
40 button mushrooms
40 cherry tomatoes
2 large red peppers, seeded and chopped
2 large green peppers, seeded and chopped
- Grind the garlic, ginger, orange zest and spring onions to a paste in a food processor.
- Add the honey, orange juice, soy sauce and oil and blend again.
- Pour the mixture over the cubed chicken and leave to marinate for at least 60 minutes, preferably overnight.
- Toss in the mushrooms for the last 30 minutes so they take on some of the flavour.
- Thread the chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers onto wooden skewers then cook on a griddle pan or under a medium grill for 7-8 minutes each side or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
- Turn the kebabs frequently and baste with the marinade from time to time until evenly cooked.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add Tilda Brown & White rice and return to a medium boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on required texture. Drain well and serve.