Sautéed Diver Scallop, Broad Bean and Pea Risotto
Served in a Scallop Shell.
- 300g Tilda Arborio Risotto Rice
- 10 large diver scallops, shells cleaned
- 150g fresh peas, blanched and deskinned
- 4 large shallots
- Sprig of fresh thyme
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 litre fish stock
- 1/4 bottle of white wine
- 300ml whipping cream
- 100g butter
- 1/4 bunch snipped chives
- 125g parmesan cheese
- 75g pea shoots
- Course sea salt, to serve
- Finely dice the shallots and garlic and sweat down without colouring.
- Add the Tilda Arborio Risotto Rice and stir continuously whilst adding the wine and the thyme. Cook until the liquid has reduced.
- Add ½ cream and ½ fish stock to the rice, continuing to stir continuously. When the rice is cooked, spread it onto a tray and allow to cool.
- Reheat the risotto in a pan, add the Parmesan, peas and broad beans and a little liquid if needed to loosen the risotto. Check the seasoning.
- Pan-fry the scallops in hot pan with a little oil and butter. Try not to move them too much as you want a good colour.
- Place a pile of salt in the middle of plate and sit a scallop shell on the salt (this will hold it in place and is for garnishing purpose only.)
- Add chopped chives to risotto and place in a cleaned shell top with scallop and garnish with pea shoots and chives.