Rice Pizza Base
- Serves 2
A healthier gluten-free alternative to the traditional base, our pizza base recipe can be used with a variety of different toppings.
Makes 1 x 12” standard pizza or 2 x 7” small pizza
Top Tip: A great gluten-free alternative for children’s menus!
100g mozzarella, grated
1 large egg
Suggested Topping125g buffalo mozzarella, sliced
75g green pesto
1tbsp tomato paste
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
2 large Portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
Salt, pepper & chilli oil to serve
- Combine and beat together rice, egg and grated mozzarella on medium/high setting until you have a sticky dough-like mixture.
- Press the mixture evenly onto a lined or lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan (or 2 x 7″ if making small pizzas).
- Bake in preheated 180°C oven for 6-8 minutes or until set. Allow to cool slightly before adding filling.
- Mix together pesto and tomato paste then spread over rice base. Top with sliced mozzarella, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
- Bake in preheated 180°C oven for approx 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly and the outer crust is crisp.
- Top with basil leaves, salt, pepper and drizzle of chilli oil (optional) and serve.