- Serves 2
This pumpkin curry is bursting with sweet and earthy flavours that are super filling and heart warming – which is great for colder weather! It is also full of goodness and nutrition, making it the perfect, healthy dinner.
For the curry1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 shallots, sliced
4 cloves garlic
1/2 red chilli
1/2 green chilli
3 cm ginger
1 bunch coriander, chopped
100g baby sweetcorn
600 large tomatoes, chopped
400g can coconut milk
1 small pumpkin (around 1kg)
For roasting the Pumpkin Seeds1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin and chop into 4cm chunks (keep the seeds for roasting later).
- Pre heat the oven to 120 degrees celsius.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan and add the onion, shallots, garlic, chilli and ginger until they are softened.
- Meanwhile, gently boil the mange-tout and baby sweetcorn in another pan until they are cooked, drain and add to the sauce pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coriander and coconut milk and bring to boil. Add the mange-tout and baby sweetcorn when they are cooked
- Bring the heat down and add the pumpkin to the mixture. Squeeze in the juice from half of the lime and then leave to simmer for 45 mins.
- Whilst this is cooking, add the pumpkin seeds to boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain them and then pat them dry in a tea towel. Toss them with the olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl then scatter them on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- When the curry is ready, heat up the rice and serve together. Garnish with more coriander and roasted pumpkin seeds then serve with a wedge of lime.