Mushroom Stuffed Peppers
- Serves 10
175g Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice
2½ tbsp sunflower oil
200g button mushrooms, quartered
120g field mushrooms, chopped into 2 cm cubes
1 onion, sliced
2 tsp garlic puree
2 tsp garam masala
1½ tsp dried coriander
750ml vegetable stock
5 red peppers, cut in half, seeds and core removed
75g baby spinach
3 tbsp crème fraiche, half fat
Salt and pepper , to season
- Preheat the oven to 190°C fan / gas mark 6..
- Add a tablespoon of the oil to a deep sauté pan, and fry the mushrooms until cooked. Remove and keep warm and rinse the pan out.
- Add the onions to the pan with a good splash of water and cook for 5 minutes. Add ½ tablespoon of oil to the onions and brown.
- Stir into the garlic, garam masala and coriander and cook for a minute.
- Add the brown basmati and stock, bring to the boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 35 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile roast the red peppers in the oven with the remaining tablespoon of oil and seasoning for 25 minutes and keep warm.
- When the rice is cooked, stir the mushrooms back into the rice with the spinach and the crème fraiche and season well.
- Spoon the rice into the red pepper halves and serve.