Perfect for helping you meet the growing demand for gluten-free food, these melt-in-your-mouth brownies have the perfect balance of gooeyness and crunch.
Makes 10-12 large brownies or 24 small brownies
Top Tip: The smaller-sized brownies make the perfect accompaniment to any hot beverage menu.
- 250g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice, cooked and chilled
- 200g good quality dark cooking chocolate
- 125g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 250g soft brown sugar
- 50g brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g pecans, chopped (save 25g to top brownies)
- 100g chocolate chips (milk, dark or white)
- Line a 9-inch/23cm square baking pan with parchment.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter and stir together to combine.
- Beat eggs until frothy then add brown sugar and beat until smooth. Add melted chocolate/ butter mix a little at a time and beat on a slow/medium setting until you have a smooth and glossy mixture.
- In a food processor, combine the rice, rice flour, salt, vanilla extract and baking soda until well combined, it should be a dough-like texture.
- Add the rice mixture to the chocolate mixture and beat on a medium/high setting for 1-2 minutes. A batter-like texture should form.
- Fold in pecans and spread into prepared baking tray. Smooth mixture out and shake pan to level the mix. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and set-aside.
- Bake at 180˚C in centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the brownies are set (they should be gooey).
- Cool completely on a wire rack for at least an hour, then cover and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.
- The brownies will keep for approx. 3-4 days refrigerated.