- Serves 10
Perfect for helping you meet the growing demand for gluten-free food, these melt-in-your-mouth brownies have the perfect balance of gooeyness and crunch.
Top Tip: The smaller-sized brownies make the perfect accompaniment to any hot beverage menu.
Makes 10-12 large brownies or 24 small brownies
250g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice, cooked and chilled
200g good quality dark cooking chocolate
125g unsalted butter
250g soft brown sugar
50g brown rice flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
150g pecans, chopped (save 25g to top brownies)
100g chocolate chips (milk, dark or white)
- Line a 9-inch/23cm square baking pan with parchment.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter and stir together to combine.
- Beat eggs until frothy then add brown sugar and beat until smooth. Add melted chocolate/ butter mix a little at a time and beat on a slow/medium setting until you have a smooth and glossy mixture.
- In a food processor, combine the rice, rice flour, salt, vanilla extract and baking soda until well combined, it should be a dough-like texture.
- Add the rice mixture to the chocolate mixture and beat on a medium/high setting for 1-2 minutes. A batter-like texture should form.
- Fold in pecans and spread into prepared baking tray. Smooth mixture out and shake pan to level the mix. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and set-aside.
- Bake at 180˚C in centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the brownies are set (they should be gooey).
- Cool completely on a wire rack for at least an hour, then cover and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.
- The brownies will keep for approx. 3-4 days refrigerated.