Fruity Rice Salad
For an extra fruity salad, replace dried apricots with some freshly segmented orange.
- 600g Tilda Brown & White Rice
- 6-8 spring onions
- 100g sultanas
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g dried apricots, finely diced
- 150g pecans or cashews
- 100g mixed seeds
- 50g baby spinach
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper, to season
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the rice and return to a medium boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on required texture. Drain well and refresh under cold running water. Once drained keep chilled.
- In a small frying pan, add half the olive oil and fry the spring onions with the spices until tender. Set aside and add the honey, mixed herbs and the remaining olive oil to form a dressing.
- Mix all the dry ingredients with the rice, add the dressing and roughly torn leaves then lightly mix through.
- Garnish with some chopped flat parsley.