Filled Flat Mushrooms
- Serves 20
225g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati & Wild Rice
20 mushrooms, large, flat
90ml olive oil
5 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
150g streaky bacon (optional), cut into strips
100g pine nuts, toasted
60g fresh sage, chopped seasoning
- Pre heat oven 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Cut the core from the mushrooms and chop finely. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray, season and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Soften the mushroom core, shallots, garlic in the remaining olive oil. Stir in the pine nuts and sage. Remove from the heat and gently mix in the rice, seasoning generously.
- Remove mushrooms from the oven and spoon in the rice stuffing, dot with the cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with fried sage leaves and roasted cherry tomatoes on the vine.