Ear Popping Pea Risotto
- 30 minutes
- Serves 4
Full of familiar flavours, this comforting pea risotto
will be sure to give you your green fix!
Created as part of Veg Power and ITV's Eat Them To Defeat Them campaign.
500g frozen peas, defrosted
2 cups Tilda Brown & White Rice
4 cups water
1 tbsp oil
2 medium onions, finely diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
200ml vegetable stock
100g fresh spinach
50g grated cheese
- Put 4 cups of water and 2 cups of Tilda Brown & White Rice into a pan and put on lid. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Blend or mash half the peas and keep aside.
- When there is 10 minutes left until the rice is cooked, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onions and garlic over a low heat, stirring regularly!
- Add in the blended or mashed peas and spinach. Cook until the spinach is sautéed.
- Add the rice to the pan along with the vegetable stock, then add the remaining peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the grated cheese and stir until it melts.
- Ready to serve - shovel up a spoonful and eat them to defeat them!