Chicken with Spanish Rice
Serve with broccoli and peas.
- 800g Tilda Brown & White Rice
- 5 tbsp oil
- 20 chicken pieces
- 5 large onions, chopped
- 5 red peppers, deseeded and chopped into large chunks
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g ham, chopped
- 5 tbsp tomato purée
- 5 tbsp dried thyme
- 2.4ltr chicken stock
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Add the rice mixture to the pan, stir in the coconut milk and the salmon and heat through. Season to taste.
- Lower the heat, add the onions and peppers, and gently cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and ham, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute more.
- Return the chicken pieces to the dish along with the thyme and stock. Bring the liquid to boil, cover the dish with a lid and lower the heat. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the Tilda Brown & White Rice and stir everything together. Cover, set over a low heat and cook for a further 15 minutes, until the rice is cooked and has absorbed most of the cooking liquid.
- Remove from the heat and leave the dish to sit for 10 minutes to absorb any remaining liquid. Season to taste and scatter with parsley.