Chicken with Spanish Rice
- Serves 20
Serve with broccoli and peas.
800g Tilda Brown & White Rice
5 tbsp oil
20 chicken pieces
5 large onions, chopped
5 red peppers, deseeded and chopped into large chunks
5 cloves garlic, crushed
500g ham, chopped
5 tbsp tomato purée
5 tbsp dried thyme
2.4ltr chicken stock
Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish and brown the chicken pieces on all sides and set aside.
- Lower the heat, add the onions and peppers, and gently cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and ham, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute more.
- Return the chicken pieces to the dish along with the thyme and stock. Bring the liquid to boil, cover the dish with a lid and lower the heat. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the Tilda Brown & White Rice and stir everything together. Cover, set over a low heat and cook for a further 15 minutes, until the rice is cooked and has absorbed most of the cooking liquid.
- Remove from the heat and leave the dish to sit for 10 minutes to absorb any remaining liquid. Season to taste and scatter with parsley.