- 500g Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice
- 2 green peppers, deseeded
- 1 large onion
- 3 sticks celery
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp cajun spice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 900ml chicken stock, hot
- 800g tomatoes, chopped, canned
- 2 bay leaves
- 800g chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
- 20g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C fan / gas mark 6.
- Place the peppers, onion and celery in a food processor and whiz until finely chopped.
- In a large roasting tin, add the wholegrain basmati rice, finely chopped vegetables, oil, Cajun spice, and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Stir the tomato puree into the stock and stir into the rice with the canned tomatoes, bay leaves and chicken.
- Cover the roasting tin with a lid or tightly with foil and bake in the pre heated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the bay leaves and stir through the chopped coriander before serving.