Braised Pork with Orange, Ginger and Thyme
- Serves 12
- 500g Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
- 1.5kg shoulder pork , cubed
- 500g carrots
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 large bunches of spring onions , chopped
- 600ml chicken stock
- 300ml ginger beer
- 2 oranges , rind and juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 4 tbsp worcester sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper , to season
- Peel carrots and cut into batons.
- Core and deseed the peppers and dice.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and quickly brown the pork.
- Add the spring onions, peppers and carrots, sweat for a few minutes.
- Add the rind and juice of orange, ginger, thyme, Worcester sauce, ginger beer and seasoning to taste.
- Cover and slowly simmer for one hour or until the pork is tender.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the warm chicken stock and pour into the pan. Stir until thickened and then cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with Tilda Easy Cook American Long Grain Rice cooked according to the instructions.