Blood Curdling Broccoli Stir Fry
- Serves 4
Vibrant and flavourful, this broccoli and chickpea stir fry is
perfectly balanced with hints of masala, cumin and turmeric.
Created as part of Veg Power and ITV's Eat Them To Defeat Them campaign.
- 2 medium heads of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups Tilda Brown and White Rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 diced courgette
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tin (400g) chickpeas
- Handful of grated cheese
- Pour the water and Tilda Brown & White Rice into a pan and cover with a lid. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Boil or steam one head of broccoli for 10 minutes, then blend or mash.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, followed by the garlic, onions and chickpeas, and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the diced courgette and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the blended broccoli and the remaining whole florets and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, add it to the frying pan and stir together.
- Throw in a handful of cheese and mix together until melted.
- Serve onto plates and enjoy!