- Department: Technical
- Location: Rainham
- Closing Date: 30/08/2019
We currently have a vacancy for a Technical Controller working in a small team providing support to the Technical Manager. This will involve work associated with the intake, milling and packing operations of dry rice.
- Management of the Quality Manual by ensuring regular reviews and amending current procedures in line with GFSI/BRC standards.
- To assist with third party and customer audits including BRC.
- Coordinate and carry out system audits, traceability audits, HACCP verification audits and internal hygiene and house-keeping audits.
- Checking certification and documentation for incoming shipments, to ensure correct and compliant certificates are received prior to approval of shipments.
- Managing and controlling held stock and returns so that it can be further processed retaining full traceability
- Complaint handling, complaint data analysis and coordinating complaint meetings including logging complaint details, complaint trending, requesting samples and packaging code details and investigating the complaint with Mill and Operations Departments.
- Responding and dealing with general customer/consumer product enquiries received online, telephone, social media and letter.
- Completing specifications; including issuing new internal production specifications, finished product specifications and customer own format specifications. Ensuring all specifications are correctly indexed and regularly reviewed.
- Approval of artwork and labelling using on-line digital artwork approval process in Technical Managerâs absence.
- Assisting Technical Manager with monthly technical meetings including recording meeting minutes and actions.
- Liaising with the Procurement Department regarding new supplier approvals, requesting required certification and other data.
- Issuing NCRs & DMRs to suppliers and recording these on a central database, ensuring timely responses and corrective actions are received from suppliers.
- Take part in daily and other rice assessment evaluation.
- Assisting the Technical Manager in general technical duties as and when the job requires.
- To have qualifications, experience and background in food safety, quality assurance, technical, pest control having worked within a food production environment for at least five years.
- Good communicator and to be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word & Outlook and JDE system or similar.
- To work within a small team and be able to make decisions regarding the quality and safety of our products as and when required.