- Department: Production
- Location: Rainham
- Closing Date: 31/03/2020
Title: Site Manager
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Working pattern: 37.5 per week, office hours
Scope of the role
Overall responsibility for Ready-To-Heat Rice facility. Leading all Production, Warehousing and Engineering functions through a team of direct reports across a 24/7 shift pattern. The role provides direction for delivering safe high quality food products and report achievement and continuous development through KPI’s to the senior management team.
- Manage site to always have H&S and Food Safety as the No.1 priority for the business
- Full P&L cost responsibility for the site, budget preparation and delivery
- Direct responsibility for all Production, Warehousing & Engineering aspects of the site.
- Drive change to meet evolving needs of the 24/7 operation
- Work closely with Technical & SHE Manager & Supply Chain teams to ensure highest levels of safety, quality and delivery are achieved with demonstrable continuous improvement
- Development and implementation of growth strategies, in line with the business objective.
- Be able to inspire, lead and provide direction to a team of experienced employees and drive the team’s growth & development.
- Ensure KPIs are clearly communicated at all levels to demonstrate the measurable aspects of site quality, cost and delivery performance
- Lead and drive the projects for the site
- Establishing overall timing plans for assigned projects, ensuring that projects are delivered within agreed upon deadline and within budget
- Managing of internal reviews and approval of recommendations;
- Improve workflow and streamline processes through CI initiatives
- Drive the communication for the site via structured meetings at all levels
- Carry out any other duties as required from time to time.
Areas of responsibility – this is an indication and not an exhaustive list, if you are interested in the position we will provide a full job description
- Work closely with the SHE manager to develop the annual H&S plan for the site and take responsibility for delivering the plan, setting clear targets and objectives for the teams.
- Work closely with the Technical Manager to ensure delivery of the Quality Management System on site
- Provide effective leadership throughout the site & empower the teams.
- Drive the site to meet the daily and weekly plan
- Continuously improve the knowledge and skills of personnel on site through training.
Plant and Equipment:
- Through the Engineering teams ensure all Engineering activities and equipment on site is compliant with current statutory regulation
Experience gained in Operations with financial accountability in a FMCG or similar complex manufacturing company. Food manufacturing experience would be advantageous
Proven track record of successful development and execution of operating plans across multiple disciplines, ensuring collaboration and cooperation among key stakeholders
Through qualification and/or experience be able to demonstrate knowledge of a capital intensive manufacturing process and packaging environment. Knowledge of food manufacturing would be an advantage.
Financial and analytical skills:
Use data to manage operating performance, make decisions and anticipate future outcomes
Budgetary preparation and control knowledge and experience.
Experience building, leading and managing high-performing teams
Proven experience driving transformation plans that lead to significant improvements operationally and financially
Demonstrable knowledge and experience of dealing with challenging people and conflict management resolution
Managerial courage – Willingness to challenge the thinking of others when dealing with business issues exploring options and inspiring action that leads to improved business outcomes
Deliver change as needed to ensure people and processes are aligned and reviewed to deliver the best possible performance
Able to move easily between strategic outlook and a hands-on, operations-focused approach to problem solving and waste reduction
Proven experience applying LEAN/Continuous Improvement.
Strong interpersonal skills, clear and engaging communicator
Strategic and innovative thinker who can develop and articulate a clear understanding of the organisation’s strategy from all perspectives and find creative solutions to complex operational challenges
Demonstrate performance through existing KPIs and develop any future measures needed
Understand different leadership styles and how to lead multiple shift teams across a 24/7 pattern
Know how to motivate and improve performance, supporting people using coaching and mentoring approaches.
Understand organisational cultures and diversity and their impact on leading and managing change. Know how to delegate effectively & efficiently.
Ability to manage talent and performance.
Develop, build and motivate teams by identifying their strengths & enabling development within the workplace.
Possess the ability to delegate and enable delivery through others.