- Department: QA
- Location: Rainham
- Closing Date: 09/11/2018
- Assessment of heat process of each batch of product, inputting relevant data into Ms excel spreadsheet.
- QA checks and releasing of cleared, finished products.
- Ph tests for finished products
- Organoleptic assessments of finished product.
- To monitor and assess incoming raw materials.
- Raising/investigating of non-conformances/ putting non-conforming finished products and raw materials on hold and follow up.
- Liaison & communication with production personnel regarding production issues.
- Issuing of records/ procedures.
- Water sampling and sending for analysis.
- Temperature checks of Ishida, freezers,Â chiller and all fridges and incubators.
- Packaging assessment & testing as required.
- Carry out glass and hard plastic inspections and assisting on internal audits
- Assisting the Assistant Technical Manager with tasks relating to managing the BRC, writing and reviewing procedures for our Quality Manual.
- Assisting the Technical Manager/Assistant with general administrational duties.
Person Specification –
- Experience in a Technical/Quality Assurance role is preferred, training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Flexible working times as QA work to shift system and weekend work maybe required at certain times.
- To have a general knowledge of food safety, familiarity with BRC would also be advantageous.
- Good communicator and to be computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word & Outlook.
- To work in a small team and be able to make decisions regarding the quality of our products as and when required.
39 hours per week – Mon to Thur 14.00-22.00 Fri 14.00-21.00 (Times flexible)
Additional: To be flexible enough to work full night shift when required to help provide cover for night shift QA holidays and weekend work may be required at certain times