- Department: Mill
- Location: Rainham
- Closing Date: 08/12/2019
We currently have a vacancy for Mill Operative No3 role (Hygiene) on a 6 month temporary basis in our Mill and other external areas.Â The role involves ensuring that both areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensuring all work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times including carpark, mill, yard etc.
- Ensuring the floors are kept clean, swept and washed
- Ensuring the highest food hygiene and health & safety standards are maintained at all times within your designated working area
- Discharging bulk and sack rice containers, setting up Intake scale and recording data
- Produce reports and check paperwork is completed and communicated correctly
- Loading rice and bran Lorries and recording data when required
- Liaise with your Mill Team/Import Department regarding pending shipments and daily workload
- General housekeeping duties
- Task also involves occasional working at height & confined space but full training will be provided or something of a similar description
Managing and running projects/initiatives
Rotating double day shift: Monday to Friday, 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of industrial cleaning would be an advantage
- A responsible attitude with the ability to work on own initiative
- Must be fit and reliable
- Should be able to work conscientiously in the Milling team
- Ability to keep and maintain records of cleaning undertaken
- Flexibility in working hours as stated may be required to suit the needs of the business to allow cleaning to take place in less accessible areas when required, your shift pattern will mirror those of the Millers
- There is a requirement to wear ear protection at all times whilst working in the Mill and associated areas.
- Forklift experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages e.g. Excel etc.
- Knowledge of breathing apparatus however training will be provided
- Use of breathing apparatus will be required
(The above is not definitive, but merely outlines key areas of responsibility.)