From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
Tender lamb and combining the Basmati rice with cool yoghurt enhances the absorption of flavours and spices making it a perfect dish for entertaining and making an impression.
*Use Gluten Free stock to make this dish Gluten Free
Ingredients for Marinade
2cm ginger – peeled and grated
3 cloves garlic – crushed
1tsp chilli powder
3tsp garam masala
2tsp ground coriander
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp black peppercorns crushed
1 stick cinnamon broken in half
Ingredients for dish
120g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
450g lamb – diced into bite sized pieces
2tbsp sunflower oil
1tsp cumin seeds
2 onions sliced
3 tomatoes remove seeds and dice
3 bay leaves
500ml vegetable stock*
125ml natural yogurt
- Place all ingredients for marinade in a glass bowl, mix well with diced lamb and chill for at least 2 hours (ideally over night and remove from fridge 1 hour before cooking).
- Prepare rice by soaking for at least 30 minutes and rinsing well in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Add the oil to a large hot pan and fry the cumin seeds until they sizzle, when this happens add the onion and fry until soft and brown.
- Pour in the lamb mix, add the tomatoes and continue to cook on a high heat for 5 minutes continually stirring, to make sure the spices are cooked through.
- Turn the heat to low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes to ensure the lamb becomes tender.
- Add the bay leaf, rice and vegetable stock, stir and cover again, leave on a low heat for a further 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, remove lid, add spinach and stir once, replace the lid.
- Let this stand for 10 minutes to ensure the rice is light and fluffy.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt.