Chicken Satay and Lemon and Herb Basmati
- 0 - 30 Minutes
Jessica Abboud, @avantdpartir on Instagram, Food stylist and photographer, has come up with this amazing chicken satay recipe which tastes amazing paired with our Lemon & Herb Basmati Rice
- 1 packet Tilda Lemon and Herb rice (250g)
- 400g chicken cubes
- 3 tbsp of ready-made satay sauce
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tsp of each salt and black pepper (you can add more if desired)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 25 g dried raisins soaked in hot water
- 25g roasted almonds
- 25g unsalted pistachios
- Fresh coriander or parsley for garnish
- Let's start first with the chicken marinade. In a bowl combine the chicken cubes with satay sauce, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Mix slightly, cover and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or more, if possible, to enhance the flavours.
- Meanwhile, soak the raisins in hot water for about 10 minutes and toast your almonds in a small pan until lightly browned
- Thread your chicken cubes onto the skewers. You have 2 options here, either heat your grilling pans, melt the butter and add the olive oil, then cook your chicken for about 10-15 minutes each side. Or, simply barbecue them by skipping the oil and butter step. Constantly pour over the remaining marinade for extra taste and colour.
- While your chicken skewers are getting ready, cook Tilda Lemon and Herb basmati rice package in the microwave and plate.
- Add your skewers, garnish with almonds, raisins, pistachios and cilantro or parsley.