Chinese Claypot Rice
- Serves 2
The Chinese Claypot Chicken Rice is a favourite adapted into a vegan dish and, with its fusion of ingredients, it is nutritious, warming and easy to put together.
200g Tilda Original Pure Basmati
1 packet of firm tofu, cut into bite size pieces
40g roasted cashew nuts
50g dried seaweed, washed and drained
4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 portobello mushroom, sliced
Handful of fine beans, halved
30ml vegetable oil
2 tbsp. light soy sauce
2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
For The Berries
20g goji berries
20g dried cranberries
10ml warm water
- Soak goji berries and cranberries in water until required.
- Rinse and drain the Basmati rice.
- Over a medium heat, add the oil to a frying pan.
- Add the tofu pieces and fry until slightly golden and crispy.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic until softened.
- Stir in the berries and water, seaweed, light and dark soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Mix well and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove ingredients from pan and set aside.
- Add the cumin seeds, rice and cinnamon stick to the pan, mix well and top with 400ml of water, over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil before turning down the heat to a simmer. Cover and steam for 15 minutes.
- Lay the precooked ingredients, fine beans and cashews on top of the rice and continue cooking for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.