Super Grains - Tawa Pulao20 mins
- Serves 2
- World flavours
- Cook: 20 mins
Rich in Indian flavours with added freshness of coriander and lime, this Tawa Pulao also has a Super Grains twist to create the full multi-sensory experience!
- 220g packet of Tilda Super Grains Garlic and Ginger
- 4 firm, waxy potatoes such as Charlotte or Desiree, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp dried crushed chillies
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 150g frozen peas
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pinch of sea salt
- Small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g toasted almond flakes
Set a small saucepan of water over a high heat and bring to the boil. Add the potato and boil for about 10 minutes until tender. Once cooked, drain and set to one side.
Whilst the potatoes are cooking, set a wok over a high heat and add the oil. Add the onions and fry for a few minutes until they soften and start to change colour.
Add the garlic, ginger, pepper and courgette then fry for a further 3 minutes until softened.
Add the garam masala, turmeric and dried chillies and fry for one minute as the spices become fragrant.
Add the chopped tomatoes and keep stirring then add the stirring frequently, about two minutes. Add the green peas and potatoes and fry for another minute.
Add the rice and mix everything thoroughly frying for another two to three minutes.
Turn off the heat, add the lime juice, salt, coriander leaves and spring onions then top with almonds.
Divide the dish between four dishes.