Spicy Chicken Burrito10 mins
- Serves 2
- Prep: 10 mins
Packed with chicken, beans, red pepper and rice, this spicy Mexican dish is perfect for quick, easy mealtimes. Long Grain rice is perfect for an authentic burrito as the grains stay separated and firm.
- 1 pouch Tilda Premium USA Long Grain rice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1/2 of a 400g can of mixed beans in a spicy tomato sauce or red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 100g cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- 75g mature cheddar, coarsely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soured cream to serve
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onion and pepper for 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle over the chilli powder and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add the spring onions, beans and chicken and simmer for 5 minutes until piping hot.
Cook the rice according to pack instructions and stir into the bean mixture. Season to taste.
Heat the wraps for 1 minute on each side in a large, hot frying pan.
Working quickly, place half of the rice mixture into the centre of each wrap. Sprinkle over the cheese.
Fold the top and bottom over the filling, then fold in the sides to form 2 burritos.
Serve with the soured cream.