Chicken, Shitake Mushrooms, Spring Onions and Miso Soup25 mins
- Serves 2
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 (skinless, boneless and trimmed) chicken thighs, finely sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, white part of onion finely chopped and green tops thinly sliced and reserved for garnish
- 100g Shitake Mushrooms, sliced
- A thumb of peeled and grated ginger
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 1 pack Brown Steamed Basmati
- 4 tsps Miso Paste
- A sprinkle of Nigella Seeds
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the chicken, spring onions, mushrooms, ginger and red chilli.
Add the vegetable stock, the rice and the miso paste and simmer for 5 minutes or so.
Just before serving add the sliced green tops of the spring onions and sprinkle in a few Nigella seeds.