Super Grains - Asian Greens and Ginger Broth35 mins
- Serves 2
- Extra Healthy
- Cook: 35 mins
A soup that delivers the full multi-sensory experience with the crunch of the Chinese cabbage and our Super Grains Quinoa rice, paired with the sweet aroma of the broth.
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely sliced
- 2 thumb-sized pieces of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 stick of lemongrass, bashed gently
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped (to taste)
- 1 celery stick, finely diced
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 750ml water
- 1 small pak choi, base trimmed and leaves cut lengthways into 1 cm slices
- ½ packet of Tilda Super Grains Lime and Herb Quinoa, Brown Basmati and Wild Rice
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- ¼ small head of Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- Small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Sea Salt
Place a large saucepan over a high heat. Add the oil then the onion then turn the heat down to medium. Cook the onion gently for about 8-10 minutes until translucent.
Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chilli to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the celery, soy sauce, lime juice and water to the pan and bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
Add the pak choi and rice to the pan then simmer for a further 2 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and check for seasoning.
Place the Spring onion, Chinese cabbage and coriander into two small bowls and then pour over the broth.