Logistics and Customer Services Manager
To manage and refine all operational, commercial and customer service aspects of
Tilda’s outbound logistics requirements in the UK & Ireland, Europe and the
ROW, through an established long-term contract with a third party logistics
provider, and other service partners.
- Managing a well-established team of four colleagues, responsible for order capture, processing and fulfilment, stock control, export administration and documentation and service level reporting.
- Total operational and commercial responsibility for the third-party logistics provider, which includes shunting, storage, order picking and despatch and onward delivery to the UK and ROI. This will include an element of reverse logistics, for authorised customer returns and failed deliveries.
- Responsible for all aspects of land and sea despatches to continental Europe and the ROW.
- Managing all aspects of the relationship with major retailers, relating to factory gate collections, backhaul and consolidation centre operations, including commercial agreements.
- Responsible for sourcing and administering all pallet requirements for the production sites at Classic & Jazz and for the picking & despatch operation at the third-party logistics warehouse.
- Monthly stock reporting and cost accrual, with a linked monthly cost review with the Head of Finance.
- Generation of purchase orders together with authorisation of those generated within the logistics team.
- Annual budget preparation and submission in conjunction with the Supply Chain Director.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar FMCG position, including the management of a significant long-term contract with a third party logistics provider
- Customs formalities including Incoterms and Commodity codes
- Sea freight operations and corresponding commercial expectations
- P&L monitoring and excellent cost management
- Strong Administrational Skills
- Experience of JD Edwards or another ERP system is desirable but not essential
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Organised and self-motivated
- Proactive and able to multi task
- Proven people management skills
- Can work on own initiative
- Team player
- Flexibility on working hours when required
- Holidays: 23 days (April to March) full time equivalent – Increases with service to 28 days
- Pension: Group personal pension – Auto enrolment on joining
- Life Cover: 2 x your salary in the event of your death to your nominated beneficiary
- Accident Cover: Disability compensation Payment
- BUPA cashplan: Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Lunches: sandwiches, salad or hot meal plus fruit and crisps
- Free drinks available all day
- Staff Samples every quarter
- Tilda Spice – sports and social events
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing Date
- 2nd May 2021