Spicy Cauliflower with Coconut Rice
Difficulty (1-5): 4
Serves: 4Download the PDF
- Boil the rice in a large saucepan with the coconut milk and stock for 15-20 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another pan cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry 1 tsp mustard seeds, until they pop, add the onion and chilli flakes and continue to fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the curry powder, cauliflower, peas and 50ml water and fry for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Stir the almonds, sultanas, coriander and remaining mustard seeds into the rice, and serve with the spicy cauliflower
For a quick alternative, use 2 x 250g packs Tilda Coconut, Chilli & Lemongrass Rice and then stir in the almonds, sultanas and coriander
- 240g Tilda Pure Basmati rice
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets approx.
- 370g 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced (170g)
- ½-1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp medium curry powders
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 150g frozen peas
- 50ml water
- 50g toasted flaked almonds (optional)
- 50g sultanas
- 20g pack coriander, chopped