Rice & Mincemeat Filo Tarts
Difficulty (1-5): 3
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Cook the rice gently with the spices and 250ml water, covered for 10-12 minutes or until tender, cool slightly. Mix in the mincemeat.
- Cut all the filo sheets into 4 squares.
- Place 1 square on the work surface and brush with melted butter, place another square on top at an angle and brush with butter repeat with another 2 squares.
- Press into a deep muffin tray. Repeat to make 12 pastry shells.
- Spoon the rice mixture in the middle of each shell.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
For a savoury filling use a 250g pack Tilda Butternut Squash rice and stir in 75g chargrilled peppers in oil, chopped, 75g grated mozzarella cheese and 2 tbsp pesto
- 125g Tilda Pure Basmati rice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 250ml water
- 225g mincemeat
- 270g ready-prepared filo pastry
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 tsp icing sugar