Greek Fruity Rice Salad in a Lettuce Wrap
Difficulty (1-5): 1
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
Serves: 4 as a starter
- Cook the rice according to the pack, then cool slightly.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add the pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, celery and feta.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, and yogurt and stir into the rice mixture. Season to taste.
- Line a deep salad bowl with the salad leaves and then spoon in the salad.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the salad along the centre of each lettuce leaf then fold in the edges to eat.
- Secure the wraps with a chive if preferred.
For an even healthier alternative, why not try using either Tilda’s Butternut Squash or Roasted Red Pepper and Courgette varieties, both containing wholesome brown Basmati, and switch to a low fat Greek yogurt
Use Baby Gem lettuce leaves instead of Cos leaves to create the perfect bite sizes canapés for a party
- 250g pack Tilda Steamed Pure Basmati rice
- 110g pomegranate seeds (ready prepared)
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 small sticks celery, finely diced (100g)
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 8-12 Cos lettuce leaves (150g)