Everyday Coronation Chicken & Rice Salad
Difficulty (1-5): 2
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Cook the rice and turmeric in a pan of boiling water for 12 minutes then drain and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mayonnaise, milk and curry powder, stir in the dried fruit, almonds and chicken.
- Stir into the cooled cooked rice and season to taste. Serve with leafy salad.
For an added nuttiness to this salad why not try this with Tilda Microwave White and Brown rice?
Bored of Turkey curry on boxing day? This is ideal for using up leftovers at Christmas.
- 200g Tilda Everyday rice Large pinch turmeric
- 150g low fat mayonnaise
- 100ml semi skimmed milk
- 1½ tbsp mild curry powder
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g sultanas
- 50g toasted flaked almonds (opt)
- 300g cooked chicken, cut into chunks